Here are mine:
1. Dear Mrs. Coney, Are you thinking I am lost, like the Babes in the Wood?
2. "Man is what he eats." With this statement the German materialist philosopher Feuerbach thought he had put an end to all "idealistic" speculations about human nature.
3. Even at the end of March, on the Arctic coast of northern Norway, there is no sign of spring.
4. As I left the railway station at Worchester and set out on the three-mile walk to _____'s cottage, I reflected that no one on the platform could possibly guess the truth about the man I was going to visit.
5. Farmers see things as others do not.