Tuesday, October 20, 2009
What I Will Miss
I'm driving home tomorrow, and look forward to seeing my
dear husband, and cat, and garden. Also joyfully anticipate going to church!
But I will miss:
1) The quiet and understanding presence of my daughter.
2) The soft cheeks of Baby C., the sweet smell of his head, and milk on his breath.
3) The calm and contented feeling that comes when Baby falls asleep in my arms.
4) The deer grazing and ruminating on the lawn front and back. It's their home, and the fawns even take naps out the back door.
5) The forest.
6) Three cats who are different "people" from my cat. The one pictured here is Hannah, who lost an eye to an infection as a shelter kitten.
7) The whistle of the train as it passes several times a day.
Right now I'm just very grateful for the past twelve days. Glory to God for all things!