Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mouth Fireworks


Trader Joe's has come out with this dried fruit concoction I have bought a few times. Dried mango with paprika and cayenne pepper, a little salt and sugar. Zingy! An 8-oz package of this concentrated food would provide almost 800 calories, if you ate the whole thing. I have resisted the urge so far, to eat the contents in one day.

It's not anything our American forefathers would have dreamed of. It's not red, white, or blue, or a combination of the three.

But eating a couple of these slices is kind of like eating your fireworks. So good, I had to share.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Wow - what an interesting combination that is! I do love hot & sweet flavors though.
Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. It's good to 'meet' a fellow pie lover! I love lemon meringue and have it on my queue of pies of the week coming up soon. It's my daughter's favorite -- well, one of her favorites ;). Yours looks fabulous!