Saturday, November 12, 2011

Glorious Mud

Homeschooling Beach Babies enjoy playing in the mud. The sight of these darlings and the memory of my own children in similar settings brought to mind the song I used to sing to them. Nowadays it's easy to find such things on YouTube, which I did.

It turns out what I had gleaned from who-knows-where was only the chorus of a long song titled "The Hippopotamus," by Flanders and Swann, which tune and words form the soundtrack of a suitably watery video.



One can find the words of the verses online, but they aren't really for children. The chorus alone was sufficient to spark up our family's muddy excursions, and it goes like this:

Mud, mud, glorious mud,
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.
So follow me, follow,
Down to the hollow,
And there let us wallow
In glorious mud!

Have fun!

3 comments:

The Armstrong Brood said...

Looking forward to singing this to my boys! Had never heard it before, and I'm sure they will LOVE it. Thanks!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

No doubt about it, mud is fun. Thanks for sharing!

xofrances

heather west said...

Thanks for that! We all got a kick out of it!!!